Ms Hilda Charles Tizeba
Research Experience and Academic Papers
Ms Tizeba has the following academic papers;
- A Critical Appraisal of the Role Played by Civil Society in the Fight Against Corruption.2017
- The Effectiveness of Truth Commissions in the Implementation of Economic and Social Rights in the African Post-Conflict States. 2017
- Money laundering and Illicit Financial Flows in Africa. 2017
- Treatment of Gender, Development and Economic Rights in the Sierra Leonean Transitional Justice Context.
- Implementation of the Maputo Protocol in Tanzania: Challenges and Prospects
- International Maritime and Environmental law for the Jessup Competition held in Washington D.C April 2014.
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities for the African Human Rights Moot held in Cape Town, South Africa September 2013.
- Rights of the child in Africa for the East African Regional Moot Competition held in Nairobi, Kenya October 2012.
Publications and Academic Papers Presented
Ms Tizeba has the following publications;
- Published an article titled “Application of the Principle of the Best Interest of the Child in Tanzania”, Nyerere Law Journal, Vol.1,2014, pg.102-114.
- The Implementation of the Maputo Protocol in Tanzania: Challenges and Prospects, University of Pretoria, Centre for Human 2016.
Professional Symposiums and Seminars Attended
Ms Tizeba has attended the following symposiums and seminars;
- Achieving Efficiency and Effectiveness in the Trial of International Crimes by Judge Chang-ho Chung of the International Criminal Court
- International Law and Human Trafficking by Prof. Ryszard Piotrowicz from Aberystwyth University, Wales.
- Combatting Corruption-International Legal Instruments by Dr Mathias Korte, Head of Directorate and Deputy Director General in the Federal Ministry of Justice in Berlin.
- Combating Terrorism in International Law by Prof Christian Tomuschat.
- Sexual Violence and the International Criminal Court by Dr Julia Geneuss of Hamburg University.
- The Yugoslavia Tribunal-Mission accomplished? By Judge Christoph Flugge of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
- Corporate Responsibility in International Criminal Law by Wolfgang Kaleck from the European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights.
- Conference on the Stakeholders of Rule of Law in Tanzania, by the International Development Law Organization (IDLO).
- Conference on State Investor Relations on Oil and Gas Operations in Tanzania, University of Dar Es Salaam and the University of Aberdeen.
- Participant in a seminar concerning the application and implementation of International Humanitarian Law, August 2014 by the International Red Cross Society.
Achievements and Awards
Ms Tizeba’s outstanding achievements have been recognized in the following honours and awards;
- Recipient of DAAD Scholarship at Humboldt University Berlin to pursue LL.M.
- The judge at the All Africa Human Rights Moot Competition, University of Pretoria, 2016.
- Winner of essay competition and bursary worth 2000 pounds from Nottingham Trent University in 2016.
- Entered top 5 among Tanzanians for the Equity and Merit Scholarship by Manchester University, United Kingdom.
- Best orator at the Jessup National Rounds held at the African Court on Human and Peoples Rights in Arusha, Tanzania in April 2014.
- Best orator at the Eastern and Central African Regional Moot on the Rights of the Child held in Nairobi Kenya,2012.
- Winner of the essay competition recognised by President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete at Loyola High School on 26th July 2009.
Moot Competitions and Educational Travel
Ms Tizeba has travelled to the following moot competitions and related academic gatherings;
- Participant, Jessup International Law Competition in Washington, D.C
(6TH-12TH April 2014).
- Participant, All Africa Human Rights Moot Competition held in Cape Town, South Africa (7th-13th September)2013.
- Participant, Eastern and Central African Regional Moot on the Rights of the Child, by Children Legal Action Network in Nairobi, Kenya (10th-13th October)2012.